31 December 2014

Birth of a new year

Just spoke to my brother and sister-in-law, it's been a longest time, and it was really pleasant.

As we were talking, my brother sent me a picture captioned "new family member".
I opened the file, and it was a sonogram, with clearly a figure of a baby.
12 weeks already.

I was surprised, but also a little cautious. The first few months are always precarious, and my sister-in-law described how this time around it's been more painful, and she experienced an episode of bleeding (but this was after she was lifting things and handling my nephew). I told her she must be very careful and told my brother, who stood behind her, to be more caring and help  out more (he jokingly patted her on the head!)

I'm really happy for her, for them. They've been wanting to have a second child for some time now, and now their wish is coming true. My parents would be overjoyed. I  pray that they will protect the mother and child and that the next few months will be safe and well. Being pregnant, giving birth and the first few months and years are all very fragile. I really hope things will turn out well, and that at the end of July in the coming year, my brother's family, my family, can welcome a healthy newborn.

Nobody, except me and perhaps some colleagues of my brother, know the news. Not even my sister-in-law's parents. I'm privileged to be one of the first to know this. May they be well and happy.

No comments: