30 October 2009

Tranquil sea

The sun rose slowly, just as the guy at our homestay said it would. I sat on the deserted beach, felt the morning drizzle, and the occasional spray of the ocean brush across my face. Before me, a spread of waves ebbed and flowed across the crescent shaped sandy beach.

Moment by moment, the colour of the tranquil sea changed. With each ray of light that daringly pierced through the shelter of the clouds and mountains. First, a deep, deep blue, then eventually a shade of aqua marine that fades into green in the distance.

The winds howled as it rushed down from the sea and sending vapours freely flying.

Grains of sand stung my skin, and I sensed the powerful roar of the sea crash at my feet.

Save for three stray dogs who slept nearby, this slow, romantic dance came and went. Between the sea and the sky, the brightness of a whole new day took form and rose with the sun.

No comments: