27 September 2009

Dreams....

It's been a while since I last had such intense dreams. Must have been early morning, in that twilight zone between morning and night. It was so intense, I could feel myself 'cry' dry tears and cringe in sorrow. In my vision appeared two people I miss in my life, and who have unfortunately passed away already. And I never thought I would see them in my dreams... especially not together.

First to appear was my grandmother (on my dad's side). She and I were really close, as when I was young, I used to spend time with her during the summer. It's been a while since I last thought of her, but in the dream she was still the sweet and kind old lady I remember her as. A smile with few teeth remaining, wrinkled skin, and worn hands from years of working and toiling to raise a family of seven... I realised in my dream how much she meant to me, how I really miss her, and how little I've thought of her...

And somehow my grandmother merged into my dad, who appeared too. I forget what we did or said, but he was there. And it's been a while since he last appeared before me. He looked the same, healthy and thin, and that unmistaken smile. He felt warm, gentle, and spoke in a way that broke me, even though I no longer remember what he said...

I woke up, and felt so alone... naked, and exposed. I clutched onto a pillow next to me, and longed for human company. No matter who, just someone to hold me, to comfort me, and to whisper to me that things are alright. To just tell me that things are not as lonely as they seem...

No comments: