14 July 2009

Tormented by nightmares

Day after day, I've been having nightmares. Frightening ones, ones in which I cry and weep, hurt and feel deep, deep sorrow. Just woke up, thinking that my eyes and face are wet from tears. Somehow I dreamt of dad, he came to me, and told me all about his favourite foods. Fermented egg, salted egg, little squids, pork knuckle, potato leaves... all his favourite foods. And in the dream, I felt a strong sudden urge to get up and prepare these things for him. To honour him, to remember him, to respect him, and show him how much he means to me still....

And I woke up, feeling such deep loss, such deep pain and longing. The day's already begun, but I am left wandering in the lingering past...

1 comment:

wei said...

Take good care dear friend,
joy or suffering we all take, for the living itself.

hugs