23 April 2007

"Oh, my god... I killed something"

Stepping into the frigid night air at 3am, I heard a crunching sound. I was dizzy, delerious, and exhausted like I never felt before from the constant writing, meetings and researching over the last seven days or so, but the sound coming from under my shoe shook me awake.

I knew it wasn't good, and suspected what I had just done. I looked down, and confirmed that I had just crushed a snail to bits, and saw the slimy liquid reflect in the dim street light. "Oh my god... I killed something!"

I kept on apologising to the snail, even though it probably was no longer conscious.... or worse, already dead. More than 12 hours of working on a big project due tomorrow with my classmates did not make me feel less guilty about what I did. Which is strange, since a moment before I was so tired I couldn;t think of anything else but bed...

I really need to get some sleep before the big presentation tomorrow... but I'll be thinking of the snail I just killed, and hope it will now and forever rest in piece(s).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*Stares in horror and points*

.. MURDERER!

>.> Thankfully it's just a snail. Imagine if you killed something furry and cute ..

Formosa said...

I feel horribly guilty already! :(
Though the snail did remind me of baked escargots in green cheese :P