09 November 2006

Waning moon


There are moments you smile to yourself for no reason.

I had one of those moments as I walked out of the library building, the cold night air seeping onto my face, and as little bursts of joy took over. I guess I was delighted that I managed to get a lot of work done today. Straight after class I headed for the 'books' (actually PDF files and online court judgements). Besides occassional breaks for coffee and a stretch, and reading a couple of 'fan mails' here and there, I continued studying till after nine. It was awfully empty when I left the building...but I felt so full of knowledge and ideas for the next assignment I've been slaving away on for the past couple of hours!

On the way home, I had this light, fluttery feeling inside... no, not because of love, but because I was somehow proud of myself... proud of the fact that for my last paper I improved my grade... proud that my writings are touching and helping people in ways I never realised possible... proud that perhaps I just discovered pieces of me that had remained hidden for so long... it's a funny feeling...

One I wish I could share.

No comments: