21 October 2006

Living with strangers

We don't really talk, the three of us. Living under one roof, but I do my own thing, whereas they're always together doing their thing. I think the last time my brother spoke to me was almost three weeks ago. Without saying a word, they just left to go out to dinner with friends, whereas they were supposed to be cooking tonight for a change! It's not so much not cooking, but the fact of not telling me at all and having to go hungry till almost nine...

Just beacuse we don't talk doesn't mean I don't need to put up with their mess. Every day I go into the kitchen, living room and bathroom to find used plates, cigarette buds, toothpaste stains. I'm not a clean freak, but at least clean and clear away after you're finished with something. Papers lying here and there, pots and pans unwashed for days lying around, things used but not put back in place, box of biscuits with nothing but the empty packaging left in the cupboard ...and recently a cup of coffee which had been sitting in the same place for I don't know how many weeks and gone moudly.

I've stopped cleaning up after them. Why should I do that, only to come back home at the end of the day and see the place filthy again? How old are these people already? I'm on strike.

It'd be so much easier living by myself.

No comments: