07 September 2006

First lesson...


This is it. Tommorrow 9.00am first lesson of Public International Law (PIL).

The last time I had a lesson was over two years ago. Tuesday we had an introductory session, where I saw some of the teaching staff and classmates. A very international group, many of whom are 'internationalists' like me, lived here and there, or were born to parents from different countries.

Just spent the last two days reading the 200+pages of reading for this week's lecture and seminar, which happen to be all tomorrow, one after the other. Friday's are going to be tough, with more than half of my 8 hrs of class per week all crammed on the same day.

Feeling a little nervous again. I mean I've done the reading and even dug out my old notes from the course in PIL I did before...but I still feel like I'm unprepared for the class. I have this strange weakness when it comes to reading. I can read something, like an article or text, but if you ask me five minutes later what I just read I can't coherently put my thoughts together. It's as if I read and instantly forget, and it's very frustrating. Makes me feel like I'm not all that bright. So despite having spent hours and hours reading text books, academic articles, treaties and UN resolutions, it feels like my mind is an empty blank piece of paper.

What a great way to start.

No comments: